What Made Twilight Zone Work?
Sure, we can enjoy The Twilight Zone without mulling over why the series was such a classic, and why it continues to thrill fans young and old decades after its premiere. But I can’t help pondering it myself.
So here, complete with illuminating quotes from Rod Serling and others who worked on the show, are some posts that attempt to answer a simple question: What made The Twilight Zone work?
- Delve into the Bizarre: Serling Outlines What The Twilight Zone Is and Isn’t
- Mapping the Fifth Dimension: Serling Tells Us What The Twilight Zone is About
- The Thread of Imagination: Serling’s “Ingredients” for The Twilight Zone
- “This is a Series for the Storyteller”: Serling on The Twilight Zone
- Serling’s Imitators Miss a Key Reason for His Success
- “This is The Twilight Zone”: Serling Explains
- The Alchemy of The Twilight Zone: More Than Just “Unbridled Imagination”