Top Ten Reasons to be Thankful in the Twilight Zone
With its twist endings and ironic turns of fate, even the most die-hard Twilight Zone fan might have trouble believing there’s much to give thanks for in the fifth dimension. But it turns out there are reasons to be grateful even in that elusive “middle ground between light and shadow”.
So here, to peruse sometime after the pumpkin pie and coffee is served, are the Top Ten Reasons to be Thankful in the Twilight Zone:
10) You finally got that new bomb shelter built — just in time to show the neighbors!
9) Global Airlines is offering half-off fares to the Jurassic era.
8) All that canned turkey you found? The old man in the cave says it’s safe to eat!
7) Maya the Cat Girl has a new roller coaster she can’t wait to show you.
6) The Mystic Seer said you might be able to leave town by next Thursday.
5) Anthony promised to let you watch the Macy’s parade the next time he “makes television.”
4) Remember how unbearably hot it was when the sun slipped its orbit? Turns out it was just a dream!
3) The Kanamits let you move up 10 spots on the waiting list to visit their planet.
2) You finally caught the Howling Man, and the hotel maid agreed to watch his cell!
1) The latest “Alicia” model robots? All weigh less than 15 pounds.
Can you think of any others? Feel free to add them below. And a Happy Thanksgiving to all!
For a daily dose of Serling, you can follow me on Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest. You can also get email notifications of future posts by entering your address under “Follow S&S Via Email” on the upper left-hand side of this post. WordPress followers, just hit “follow” at the top of the page.
Hope to see you in some corner of the fifth dimension soon!