The Strike-Out Zone
#WorstPickUpLines was trending on Twitter recently, and the results were painfully amusing. Crafting a smooth ice-breaker is hard, but coming up with a way to flub it? All too easy.
You might assume that the men and women of The Twilight Zone, with their classy wardrobes and a sense of style that’s sadly absent today, would have it easier than those of us stuck in a more “normal” dimension. But that’s not the case. You can swing and miss even in a world replete with sly genies, magic spells and love potions.
Which led me to create this list of 10 TZ-style #WorstPickUpLines …
- “I think I saw a man on the wing. Mind if I lean over your lap to get a better look?”
- “My name is Talky Tina, and I want to buy you a drink.”
- “Looks like that 11th operation really did the trick.”
- “Little Anthony would send me to the cornfield in a flash for all the BAD thoughts I’m thinking about you.”
- “I’ve got a special stopwatch I’d like to show you … back at my place.”
- “I’d love to be YOUR howling man.”
- Wanna tour my bomb shelter?
- “You don’t need a coin to land on its edge to know what I’M thinking.”
- “Going … my way?”
- “I just asked the Mystic Seer if I should ask you out, and he said, ‘There’s no question about it’.”
In the end, it might be best to do what Roger Shackleforth did. Contact Professor Daemon and ask about one of those love potions. They cost only a dollar apiece, and they work like gangbusters.
Though you may want to have at least $1,000 in a savings account somewhere first. Just a thought.
Photos courtesy of Wendy Brydge. For a daily dose of Serling, you can follow me on Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest. You can also get email notifications of future posts by entering your address under “Follow S&S Via Email” on the upper left-hand side of this post. WordPress followers, just hit “follow” at the top of the page.
Hope to see you in some corner of the fifth dimension soon!