How Hot Is It?
Think the current heatwave is confined to this dimension? Oh, no.
Over in the Twilight Zone, it’s so hot that …
- The “What You Need” guy is handing out nothing but ice cream cones and battery-powered fans.
- Corry installed an A/C unit on Alicia.
- Al Denton keeps singing “How Hot I Am.”
- Little Anthony demands that everyone start thinking cool thoughts.
- Henry Bemis is using his books strictly to fan himself.
- Everyone at the Sunnyvale Rest Home is happy to run through the sprinkler.
- Ms. Tyler asked the nurse to leave her bandages on, but dip them in ice water first.
- The aliens in “The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street” only have to turn off a few A/C units to wreak havoc.
- Marsha the mannequin was glad to return to the department store on time to enjoy the cool air.
- The parents in “Little Girl Lost” are asking, “Is it any cooler where you are?
- Today’s price: One drink, three bars of gold.
- The woman in “The Invaders” thinks she’s battling two large ice cubes.
- The juke box in “Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up?” keeps playing “Summer in the City.”
- When asked if it could get hotter, the Mystic Seer replied, “Do you dare risk finding out?”
- The passengers on Flight 33 want to go back to the last ice age.
- Everyone’s trying to crowd into Dr. Stockton’s bomb shelter again.
- Bartlett Finchley is treating his air-conditioner with kid gloves.
- As long as the Kanamits have air-conditioned ships, no one cares if they get eaten once they arrive.
- Willie the ventriloquist dummy spontaneously combusted on Jerry’s lap.
- No one minds when the skies stay dark in “I Am The Night — Color Me Black.”
- Those motorcycle-riding aliens have ditched their black leather jackets.
- It’s a block party at the Bewitchin’ Pool!
Photos courtesy of Wendy Brydge. For a daily dose of Serling, you can follow me on Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest. You can also get email notifications of future posts by entering your address under “Follow S&S Via Email” on the upper left-hand side of this post. WordPress followers, just hit “follow” at the top of the page.
Hope to see you in some corner of the fifth dimension soon!